In Florida, your attorney’s fees and costs are included in a lawsuit should you file a lawsuit against your own insurance company pursuant to Florida Statute §627.428, which reads as follows:
§627.428 Attorney fees. —
(1) Upon the rendition of a judgment or decree by any of the courts of this state against an insurer and in favor of any named or omnibus insured or the named beneficiary under a policy or contract executed by the insurer, the trial court or, in the event of an appeal in which the insured or beneficiary prevails, the appellate court shall adjudge or decree against the insurer and in favor of the insured or beneficiary a reasonable sum as fees or compensation for the insured’s or beneficiary’s attorney prosecuting the suit in which the recovery is had.
(2) As to suits based on claims arising under life insurance policies or annuity contracts, no such attorney fees shall be allowed if such suit was commenced prior to expiration of 60 days after proof of the claim was duly filed with the insurer.
(3) When so awarded, compensation or fees of the attorney shall be included in the judgment or decree rendered in the case.
At Fair Claims Law, we will never charge our attorney’s fees and costs against your indemnity recovery. Our goal is to make sure you receive everything that is owed to you under the policy. If successful, Fair Claims Law’s fees and costs are to be paid under a separate claim by your Insurance Company.
CONTACT US FOR A FREE CONSULTATION: 305 350 5055
The attorneys at Fair Claims Law aggressively represents its clients in pursuing their insurance claims with the goal of recovering the benefits owed to them under their property insurance policy. Fair Claims Law’s attorneys have handled nearly every kind of loss ranging from windstorm, water losses, fires, and many others. The lawyers at Fair Claims Law strive to provide excellent customer service and take pride in achieving their goals.
Just a few reasons why you should give our firm a call today:
- We have access to countless expert witnesses who serve in a variety of specializations.
- We offer completely free and confidential consultations.
- We are a multilingual law firm.
To learn more about how we can help you, contact FAIR CLAIMS LAW today.